Upon checking in, our staff will examine you and check your belongings.
All electrical items, such as hair dryers and curling irons, will be checked for safety before you will have access to them. The Sanctuary at Lake Chelan is not liable for loss or damage of any money, jewelry, documents, or any other article of value.
- Cash for spending money
- Insurance Card
- Picture ID
- Calling Cards/Pen/Paper/Stamps/Envelopes
- No more than 2 bags due to limited storage space
- Eyeglasses/contact lenses and supplies.
(Clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, tobacco, sex, and violence or is otherwise deemed inappropriate by staff is not permitted. Articles deemed inappropriate will be kept secure until your departure)
We recommend that you bring a limited amount of clothing. Laundry facilities, including supplies, are available for patient use. Additional or excessive personal items will be sent home or stored until your discharge.
- Dress for therapy should be casual and in good taste. Appropriate attire: jeans, casual slacks, sport shirt, skirts, and dresses which are knee length or longer; jogging suits and appropriate length shorts, such as Bermuda/walking shorts.
- No earphones during classes or groups.
- Sunglasses are to be worn outside only.
- Loose fitting blouses and shirts that cover the shoulders. Stomachs must be covered at all times, including when arms are lifted. Low-cut blouses or clothing made of mesh or sheer materials are not acceptable. Blouses with spaghetti straps or tank tops are not appropriate.
- Shirts must be worn at all times by men and they must totally cover the front and back of the body. Open shirts are not allowed and are considered inappropriate. They must be zipped or buttoned. No cut-off shirts or muscle shirts are permitted.
- Undergarments must be worn at all times and in such a way that are not visible when sitting or bending. If your pants or shorts will not stay up, a belt must be worn.
- Patients must wear sleep wear while sleeping at night. Pajamas, bathrobes or sleepwear is only to be worn in patient rooms, never in common areas of the unit.
- No provocative or offensive clothing.
- Lightweight jackets and sweaters are recommended for eveningwear year-round. A heavier coat or jacket is recommended for winter months. You may want to bring a sweater or comfortable pullover for the classroom settings.
- Sweatpants/shorts (appropriate length).
- Lycra Tights and biking/running shorts are not appropriate.
- Tennis shoes/hiking boots (for walking and hiking). Flip-flops for beach walks.
- Flip-flops for showers.
- Slippers or shoes, you must have something on your feet at all times.
- You may bring an MP3 player, CD player, tape player or radio with headphones/earphones to use during non-program times but not during classed or groups.
- You may NOT bring a TV, computer/laptop, cell phone, camera, beeper, iPhone, Blackberry or any other phone/device with internet access or any device to that takes pictures or records.
Other Items You May Bring
- Toiletries MUST be alcohol-free.
- Mementos- sometimes reminders of home can make a difference in making your stay comfortable and inspiring. You are encouraged to bring a few mementos such as a framed photograph, or a special knick-knack with you.
- If you choose to bring a musical instrument it may only be used during non-program times. Use of the instrument may not interfere with/disturb peers. Total responsibility for the instrument lies with the patient and the facility shall be held harmless if any damage should occur to the instrument.
- You may bring your "special" pillow or blanket, if needed.
What to Leave at Home
Please do not bring:
- We are a latex free hospital. No rubber bands or other latex containing products are allowed.
- Items that would be considered contraband with you
- No tobacco products. No e-cigarettes. We will provide smoking cessation products.
- Pornographic materials
- Energy drinks
- Valuables, excessive or expensive jewelry
- Equipment that records video and/or audio or takes photos
- Shoe polish
- Detergent (unless you have an identified allergy to detergents)
- Cellular phones (if brought, you will not have access to your phone during your stay)
- Illicit Drugs (if illicit drugs are found in your possession, law enforcement will be contacted and admission to the program will be denied)
- Straight razors and razor blades, pocketknives or weapons of any kind
- No products containing alcohol like mouthwash, perfume, aerosols, cologne or body splash/spray due to high alcohol content.
- Food items including but not limited to beverages (bottled or canned)
- Exercise equipment
- All banned items listed above including tobacco products and anything staff perceives as a weapon ( pocket knives, razors, utility tools, etc.), drug paraphernalia, etc., will be disposed of. They will not be stored on site.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our admissions staff at 1-800-233-0045.